AIST May is here and that means.... Striper Cup...Stars and Stripers tournament, our last official monthly meeting until fall and our season long members only tournament is already underway.
Stars and Stripers begins May 28th at 5 pm
2015 STARS & STRIPERS TOURNAMENT RULES
1. The tournament will run from 5pm on Thursday May 28, 2015 till 12:00 noon on Sunday May 31, 2015.
2. The entry fee for non-members is $15 each and each non-member must be sponsored by an AIST current active member. The cutoff for becoming a current active AIST member, or signing up for the tournament as a sponsored non-member, is 5pm on Thursday May 28, 2015.
3. The tournament species will be striped bass and tautog (black fish). In order to qualify, the striped bass must be thirty two (32) inches or larger, while the tautog must meet the minimum size in effective at the time of the tournament. All entered fish will be retained for contribution to needy Veterans and their family.
4. A qualifying fish must be caught in Rhode Island or Massachusetts state waters up to the Three Mile Nautical Line off the coast. The waters around Block Island are OFF LIMITS for this tournament.
5. All anglers with fish to weigh in must check in with the weigh master and be at the VFW before 12:00 noon on Sunday May 31, 2015 for the start of the weigh-in. Any fish that arrives after 12:00 noon will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS
6. All fish must comply with tournament rules and have been properly maintained for food quality. The Weigh Master has the right to disqualify any fish that does not appear to be properly maintained for food quality.
7. Each participant can enter a fish in each division but they can only enter one fish of each species in each division.
8. The tournament entry categories and recognized placements within each are as follow:
Click here to edit title.Lead fest 2015